
Dee, Kelly, Lety{Carl}, Cortney, Veronica, Laura, Sarah, Lynn, Jamie, Heather, Joy
It's movie night for the Palehua Book Club!We met at the Kapolei Consolidated Theaters for the 7:30 showing.
Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and IndonesiaWe had great attendance!
Veronica Peterson, Leticia Davis, Lynn Lambert, Dee Boswell, Laura Smith, Sarah Ohki, Cortney Nadig, Jamie Dugay, Joy Paet and a HUGE WELCOME BACK to founding members Kelly Paller and Heather Bernal it was wonderful to get together with you again!
Eat Pray Love was either really, really loved or it left some without the desire to finish. I got to a point I thought I'd put it down but it was a book club read so I just kept-on-keeping-on. However, I have a habit when I read a book club suggestion I like to post-it note the pages I want to remember to mention. Before I closed the cover I had 13 green tabs hanging off the pages. So that's a good indicator of a high probability for discussion.
Thanks for letting me borrow your book Laura!
In addition there are valuable E*P*L discussion questions available on www.readinggroupguides.com.Quotes:
God never slams a door in your face without opening a box of Girl Scout cookies.(p. 22)
Do not apologize for crying, without this emotion, we are only robots(p.86)
Just as there exists in writing a literal truth and a poetic truth, there also exists in a human being a literal anatomy and a poetic anatomy. One, you can see; one, you cannot. One is made of bones and teeth and flesh; the other is made of energy and memory and faith. But they are both equally true.(p.144)and my favorite quote was found on page 260
…all sorrow and trouble of this world is caused by unhappy people… The search for contentment is, therefore, not merely a self-preserving and self-benefiting act, but also a generous gift to the world. Cleaning out all your misery gets you out of the way. You cease being an obstacle, not only to yourself but to anyone else. Only then are you free to serve and enjoy other people… When you set out in the world to help yourself, you inevitably end up helping everyone.~Joy
**UPCOMING** Our September Book is one highly recommended by Molly Koch.
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese.I came across this book trailer:
No comments:
Post a Comment