In attendance:
Molly, Lynn, Laura, Wendi and Joy
I felt we really dived in for a thorough discussion of The Lost Symbol. Also welcome was the review emailed from Jane. Her review mirrored mine and I was grateful for her comments. *WARNING: don't read if you haven't read The Lost Symbol a MAJOR SPOILER TO FOLLOW*
I found the repeated referrals to divine transformation intriguing. p. 84, p. 308 and p. 492 in particular. Browns references to Mormanzzling doctrine, both overt and covert were puzzling to me. I have a hunch that he will re-visit this thread in future novels. I was suspect of Mal'akh's explanation of his vengeance towards Peter from the beginning. I had a hunch that he was actually Zachary but it just wasn't plausible that his own father would not recognize him. Finally comment: I found the book exciting and the science vs religion arguments interesting. The last few chapters were a disappointment since they digressed to a college lecture tone.~ Jane Gorton
Thanks Jane!
We also saw:
NEW MOON
On Saturday, November 21st 4:10 PM at Regal Cinemas Pearl Highlands, Pearl City. ~upcoming~
For December: Grace by Richard Paul Evans
Thank you Cortney for hosting December's Book Club! We will meet Wednesday, December 16 at 7 PM at Cortney's home.
No comments:
Post a Comment