Tonight's book club was so fun. Thank you Amber for opening your home for our meeting.In attendance:
Amber, Molly, Jane, Cortney, Sarah, Joy, Lynn and welcome Laura to our book club!
We were impressed by the following quotes:
"I've learned that terror doesn't happen because some group of people somewhere like Pakistan or Afghanistan simply decide to hate us. It happens because children aren't being offered a bright enough future that they have a reason to choose life over death."
Prayer is better than sleep.
- from the hazzan, or call to worship
"Haji Ali taught me the most important lesson I've ever learned in my life...We Americans think you have to accomplish everything quickly. We're the country of thirty-minute power lunches and two-minute football drills. Haji Ali taught me to share three cups of tea, to slow down and make building relationships as important as building projects. He taught me that I had more to learn from the people I work with than I could ever hope to teach them."
For June - a classic:
Little Women by Louisa May AlcottOur next meeting will be at Sarah Ohki's home, June 17th.
It makes me sad just to type this but, next month's meeting will also be a farewell to Amber and Jane. Please, join in our Aloha 'Oi before they move to the mainland.
1 comment:
Loved 3 Cups of Tea and really, really love Little Women! Thanks for posting upcoming suggestions. I was out of ideas on what to read! Miss you all!
Post a Comment